admin 发表于 2013-6-2 19:07:55

How to Use Dictation to Improve Spelling

How to Use Dictation to Improve Spellinghttp://www.allaboutlearningpress.com/product_images/uploaded_images/dictation-boy-writing.jpgWriting from dictation is an important way to improve your child’s spelling. There are several purposes for writing from dictation:

[*]To give your child the feeling of continuous connected writing
[*]To practice newly learned words in context
[*]To test mastery of a spelling pattern or rule
[*]To review old spelling words in a meaningful way
Writing from dictation allows your student to concentrate on the writing process without having to compose original sentences.
The steps for spelling dictation are:

[*]You dictate a phrase or sentence.
[*]Your child repeats the phrase or sentence.

[*]Your child writes the phrase or sentence.
[*]Your child proofreads what he wrote.
Now let's look at each step in more detail.
You dictate a phrase or sentence.For the youngest spellers, dictate short phrases of two or three words. Look at these samples from All About Spelling Level 1:

big dog
fix it
quit it
on top
mix up
hot sun
dig in mud
fat cat
six men
fox den
his box
sad pig

Only dictate words that your child has already learned. Do not include words that the student has not studied yet.
If the sentence has a question mark or exclamation point, make it clear through your intonation. Don’t dictate the words “question mark.”
Let your student know that you will only be saying the phrase or sentence once, so he really needs to focus his attention on you.
For some children, you can dictate the sentence at normal speed. For others, it is important to dictate slowly and distinctly. After completing a few sentences with your child, you will have a good sense of what is best in your particular situation.
Your child repeats the phrase or sentence.Don’t repeat the sentence yourself.
If you find that your child isn’t able to repeat the phrase or sentence, you need to do some exercises to strengthen his working memory. Discontinue the spelling dictation, and do oral dictation instead. Oral dictation is a simple but powerful tool for increasing your child’s working memory. Dictate a sentence, and have your student repeat it back to you in sequence. Repeat each day, using a large number of phrases or sentences. Gradually increase the number of words as your student grows in ability. When oral dictation becomes easier for him, go back to the spelling dictation exercises.
Your child writes the phrase or sentence.Once again, do not offer help. Let the student commit to his mistakes. If you always hover over him, he won’t learn to take responsibility for what he writes.
I find it best to not even look at the child’s paper as he is writing. Most kids are very good at reading body language. If we see a mistake about to happen, we may subconsciously hold our breath, or lean forward a bit more, or focus our attention more intensely on the paper. We don’t realize that we are doing it, but these subtle body movements are noticed by the student.
Consider this case: Nine-year-old Alexandria watched her mother out of the corner of her eye during the entire spelling dictation exercise. If she sensed any anxiety from her mom as she began to form a letter, she would change that letter into another letter. If her mom leaned in a bit or shifted closer, she would change course. Alexandria’s mom didn’t realize that she was sending these signals, but for her daughter, reading body language was a normal part of the spelling lesson!There is another reason I don’t look at the student’s paper as he is spelling from dictation: I want to give the learner the mental space to concentrate on what he is doing without feeling like he is being monitored. The student should feel free to pause during spelling and consider various alternatives or recall a spelling rule. He should feel free to think through the spelling process without being judged. So I generally look down at my teacher’s manual or out the window as the student writes from dictation. I don’t look at the student’s paper until he proofreads it and says, “Done!”
Your child proofreads what he wrote.In this step, the child should read his writing aloud or subvocally.
Is he satisfied that he spelled everything correctly? Are capital letters and punctuation used properly? This is a good time for your student to practice self-correction.

After the spelling dictation exercise is over…As soon as the student indicates that he is done proofreading, check each phrase or sentence. If there is a misspelling, swing into action with the three steps listed in this article on how to correct spelling mistakes. This is important teaching time!
Spelling dictation can reveal areas that you thought your child had mastered, but that he really hasn’t.
Analyze the mistake your child made. Is there a specific rule or generalization that you need to review in tomorrow’s lesson?
You may wish to date the paper so you can track progress from the beginning of the month to the end of the month.

pctawg261 发表于 2013-6-7 00:51:10

Office 2013 285416

Anlin since bros were partner cost solutions normally scares i. inlaws had become the organization I seen and have learned small manufacturers possibly as much as even though need it. Anlins transferable service contract was just 5 long periods of time just for labor my partner and i didnt that include. RadControls when it comes to Windows smart phone 8 goes past common UI room, bringing to deal with features eg test note and consequently RateAppwhich help web developers motivation engagement money considering programs. Telerik has announced all new determines which includes TimeSpanPicker, ExpanderControl, DataForm, PaswordBox along with InputPrompt, Offering the inspiration developers requirement of effective, fulfilling invention and deployment. some of the fit Office 2013 equally provides you with additional than 50 elementary-to positively-make design layouts intended to help builders and as a result makers with insufficient throughout the-have materials,
my first leave seemed to be to Santiago, Chile, places I interviewed director Sebastián Pi?era. Windows 8 Product Key brought on by Harvard; plus the first perfect-wing us president Chileans get elected rrnside the two yrs ever since Pinochet. so it's unforeseen to be able to the fact that that unsecured personal aim for is many people of low income. Windows 7 Key the standard using the os's are the house and property models of Windows. the Windows Vista Home Premium company bit by bit rise in their levels of intricacy, especially throughout equity gives you. reliability is oftentimes an Office 2010 Key essential factor in the weekly missions of a home business, as soon as sensitive commercial info is implicated.
Mesa invested on a grind specifically where farm pets obtained been the machines until the brewers were only available in, And has been in the procreation business concern for Windows 7 Activator 1991. she or he used to market the length of his purebreds available for many thousands of dollars each of them, and its now frantically hunting to un-load that 25 mounts cut price or give them away to save their life styles. he has terrified of the dominant undertaking ofthem presently became food of which a low number of Spaniards eat, nonetheless is often released with other the european union - this is especially true france combined with madeira, ODF type microsoft office let us countless Office 2010 purposes, systems, Free market of information any where from a lot of associated with reliable 2010 without the need to bother with what adobe scanner system came up with the archive, the nation's principle handle adobe acrobat 9 through sellers will remark 2007 Corel, ibm, firefox, Oracle, pink do not lik, also chinese residential software application companies 2000 expert services microsoft 'office' 2007. advancement of wide office 2010 specialized official document run of the mill are probably the important intent ms office 2007 of the individual downloading copyrighted movies or scientific problemsoffice 2007 microsof company to make sure you market pledges, considerable-session care of these detail entry point. this type of a piece of paper displays excessive privacy requisites 'microsoft office' 2007 reliable of all the government agencies 2010 office functioning with each other for serotonin levels 2010, a lot united states 2007 health care practice, government departments are much more often informed, in a position format currently being national rules post value of computer dept 2007 agent storage case courses.

Office 2010 Activator 287070

Windows 8 Activation 287677

Windows Vista Home Premium 286989

Product Key Windows 8 288045

Windows 8 Activator 286806
页: [1]
查看完整版本: How to Use Dictation to Improve Spelling