David 发表于 2012-10-26 13:05:20

Conjunctions II

<CENTER><H1>Conjunctions II</H1>
Combine the sentences using the conjunction given in parentheses.<BR>Do not change the order of the sentences. Pay attention to the punctuation.<BR>Click on the answer button to see the correct answer.</font>
</CENTER><P><FORM><OL><P><LI>They got married. They had to learn to manage their own home. (after)<BR><SELECT><OPTION>Answer<OPTION>After they got married, they had to learn to manage their own home. </SELECT><P><LI>He went crazy. His wife burnt his breakfast. (when)<BR><SELECT><OPTION>Answer<OPTION>He went crazy when his wife burnt his breakfast.</SELECT><P><LI>You can hear what I'm saying. You keep quiet. (if)<BR><SELECT><OPTION>Answer<OPTION>You can hear what I'm saying if you keep quiet.</SELECT><P><LI>I won't invite my classmates to a party. I know them well. (until)<BR><SELECT><OPTION>Answer<OPTION>I won't invite my classmates to a party until I know them well.</SELECT><P><LI>He arrived home. I had already cleaned the house. (by the time)<BR><SELECT><OPTION>Answer<OPTION>By the time he arrived home, I had already cleaned the house.</SELECT><P><LI>The first quiz was easy. This one is extremelly difficult. (whereas)<BR><SELECT><OPTION>Answer<OPTION>Whereas the first quiz was easy, this one is extremelly difficult.
<OPTION>The first quiz was easy whereas this one is extremelly difficult.</SELECT><P><LI>She's snobbish. People like her. (yet)<BR><SELECT><OPTION>Answer<OPTION>She's snobbish, yet people like her.</SELECT><P><LI>We're broke. We can't buy anything. (since)<BR><SELECT><OPTION>Answer<OPTION>Since we're broke, we can't buy anything.</SELECT><P><LI>He failed. He won't give up his ideals. (even though)<BR><SELECT><OPTION>Answer<OPTION>Even though he failed, he won't give up his ideals.</SELECT><P><LI>He fell asleep. He was watching the film. (while)<BR><SELECT><OPTION>Answer<OPTION>He fell asleep while he was watching the film.</SELECT>
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Conjunctions II