浙北英语网

找回密码
 立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

湖州日报:3名学子入围“希望之星”只有狂人才干的事情!带字幕美国之音慢速英语VOA Special English学英语视频近1000个,自诩为国内最全!适合增加词汇和锻炼听力!点击查看...
楼主: 英语天才
打印 上一主题 下一主题

让我们再次走进“鸟之家”去CS和K歌吧![湖州]

[复制链接]
1#
发表于 2013-5-17 15:38:29 | 显示全部楼层

but knowing you like their nonsense

of the girls I know really do go on at such a rate I'm ashamed of them. They don't mean any harm, I'm sure, but if they knew how we fellows talked about them afterward, they'd mend their ways, I fancy."
"They do the same, and as their tongues are the sharpest, you fellows get the worst of it, for you are as silly as they, every bit. If you behaved properly, they would, but knowing you like their nonsense,asics australia, they keep it up, and then you blame them."
"Much you know about it,basket asics, ma'am," said Laurie in a superior tone. "We don't like romps and flirts, though we may act as if we did sometimes. The pretty, modest girls are never talked about,asics mexico 66, except respectfully, among gentleman. Bless your innocent soul! If you could be in my place for a month you'd see things that would astonish you a trifle. Upon my word,http://asicstigeraustralia.tumblr.com, when I see one of those harum-scarum girls, I always want to say with our friend Cock Robin...
"Out upon you, fie upon you, Bold-faced jig!"
It was impossible to help laughing at the funny conflict between Laurie's chivalrous reluctance to speak ill of womankind, and his very natural dislike of the unfeminine folly of which fashionable society showed him many samples. Jo knew that `young Laurence' was regarded as a most eligible parti by worldly mamas, was much smiled upon by their daughters, and flattered enough by ladies of all ages to make a coxcomb of him,http://basketasicskinsei4.tumblr.com, so she watched him rather jealously, fearing he would be spoiled, and rejoiced more than she confessed to find that he still believed in modest girls. Returning suddenly to her admonitory tone, she said, dropping her voice, "If you must have a `went', Teddy, go and devote yourself to one of the `pretty, modest girls' whom you do respect, and not waste your time with the silly ones."
"You really advise it?" And Laurie looked at her with an odd mixture of anxiety and merriment in his face.
"Yes, I do, but you'd better wait till you are through college, on the whole, and be fitting yourself for the place meantime. You're not half good enough for--well,
Related articles:

consult Hannah

and being a bachelor

as a friend
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|典范英语|Oxford在线词典|在线查词典|每日签到|浙北英语网 ( 蜀ICP备10032068号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-11 17:01 , Processed in 0.059290 second(s), 32 queries .