浙北英语网

找回密码
 立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

湖州日报:3名学子入围“希望之星”只有狂人才干的事情!带字幕美国之音慢速英语VOA Special English学英语视频近1000个,自诩为国内最全!适合增加词汇和锻炼听力!点击查看...
查看: 25555|回复: 101
打印 上一主题 下一主题

183 The Great Monster Hunt 视频 Cbeebies Bedtime Stories BBC睡前故事

[复制链接]
1#
发表于 2013-6-8 22:09:06 | 显示全部楼层

Women's eyes focused on Palin's glasses Knoxville

Women's eyes focused on Palin's glasses Knoxville News Sentinel,Radar Oakley
Ever since the Alaska governor was thrust into the spotlight as the Republican vice presidential nominee, women across the across the country, including those in the Knoxville area, have been clamoring to get their hands on the look. The style is part of the 704 Series by Japanese industrial designer Kazuo Kawasaki. Palin's rimless option is made from lightweight titanium metal and features large rectangular lenses and gray arms. They retail for $375, without the lenses.
Italee, the maker of the eyeglasses, has been bombarded with inquiries about them, as have vision shops around town.
"They have been coming asking for it," said Steve Clancy, owner of Clancy Optical and Spex. "It started that next day after the convention. It was almost instantly. This is coming out of nowhere. It blows my mind."
Clancy didn't stock the Kawasaki's when the buzz started, but has ordered samples for his stores, and expects them to be in any moment. To hold customers over, he has had a similar style on display.
"I've had 30 ladies try that frame on," Clancy said.
Richard Forsythe at Ojos Exquisite Eyewear in Farragut is surprised about the reaction to the glasses, too.
"It's the biggest thing I've experienced in my 10year career," he said. "She has made quite the impact on her followers."
Forsythe, who is also offering a similar look, said the style has been around for a couple of years.
"I guess people had to see it on someone else," he said. "They weren't ready to go out and try it until they saw her wear them."
Clancy believes part of the glasses' appeal is size.
"A lot of ladies have been waiting for the larger frames to come back," he said. "This is their time to jump on it. Also the larger frames are great for progressive lenses and you get more reading area."
What's the deal here  first society screams for equal rights for women, and then, when one steps forth to raise a family and work, everybody downs her?
It is insulting to suggest that she can't properly raise a family while in the WH. Look as all the looser kids from families where moms stay at home and their are no siblings! Look at all the successful ones who come from large families  example, the Southern family who had 12 kids and sent all of them to medical school a while back!
We need to stop attacking these people, both sides, and ask how they will make this country greater?
Besides, do you not think she would not have an army of staff to help her?
Next, let's attack her hosiery!
What's the deal here  first society screams for equal rights for women, and then, when one steps forth to raise a family and work, everybody downs her?
It is insulting to suggest that she can't properly raise a family while in the WH. Look as all the looser kids from families where moms stay at home and their are no siblings! Look at all the successful ones who come from large families  example, the Southern family who had 12 kids and sent all of them to medical school a while back!
We need to stop attacking these people, both sides, and ask how they will make this country greater?
Besides, do you not think she would not have an army of staff to help her?
Next, let's attack her hosiery!
I am not "stuck" on Sarah Palin's glasses and I am insulted that someone would suggest that women are. I am, however, stuck on the fact that she does not have an advanced degree in a relavent field, does not have meaningful executive experience (I have worked as Chief of Staff of a small town Mayor, for a State Senator, for a US Senator, and as Director of a large office). I have worked with people from all over the world for more than 20 years and frankly, I am better qualified than she is.
I am insulted that McCain thinks that having her shake a few people's hands at the UN is going to give her an understanding of International Politics, world history, other cultures, and international events sufficient to lead the country.
While it is good to have an outsiders perspective, you have to understand how thinks really work to make changes. Understanding what entitlements are, for example helps.
I supported McCain during his previous bid for the White House. This time around I will not because I think he has lost his way, his values, and his good judgement and has put the country at risk because of this choice of VP. More than 9 out of 43 VP's have eventually become President. I do not want a puppet President. I want someone who has the education, knowledge, and expertise to lead. Sarah Palin simply doesnt have itand cute glasses does NOT make one a great President.
I am not "stuck" on Sarah Palin's glasses and I am insulted that someone would suggest that women are. I am, however, stuck on the fact that she does not have an advanced degree in a relavent field, does not have meaningful executive experience (I have worked as Chief of Staff of a small town Mayor, for a State Senator, for a US Senator,Replica Oakley, and as Director of a large office). I have worked with people from all over the world for more than 20 years and frankly, I am better qualified than she is.
I am insulted that McCain thinks that having her shake a few people's hands at the UN is going to give her an understanding of International Politics, world history, other cultures, and international events sufficient to lead the country.
While it is good to have an outsiders perspective, you have to understand how thinks really work to make changes. Understanding what entitlements are, for example helps.
I supported McCain during his previous bid for the White House. This time around I will not because I think he has lost his way, his values, and his good judgement and has put the country at risk because of this choice of VP. More than 9 out of 43 VP's have eventually become President. I do not want a puppet President. I want someone who has the education, knowledge, and expertise to lead. Sarah Palin simply doesnt have itand cute glasses does NOT make one a great President.Related articles:

Strategies to Address Gender Inequalities in Scottish School

Casey Anthony resurfaces in her own video diary

Squidoo Lensroll Workaround
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|典范英语|Oxford在线词典|在线查词典|每日签到|浙北英语网 ( 蜀ICP备10032068号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 07:45 , Processed in 0.058934 second(s), 26 queries .