浙北英语网

找回密码
 立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

湖州日报:3名学子入围“希望之星”只有狂人才干的事情!带字幕美国之音慢速英语VOA Special English学英语视频近1000个,自诩为国内最全!适合增加词汇和锻炼听力!点击查看...
查看: 3177|回复: 6
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Eat your peas! BBC Bed time story

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2012-3-28 00:24:22 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
以下听力文字材料由Gogo和David共同细听和整理:

It was dinner time again and Daisy just knew what her mother wasgoing to say, before she even said it
“Eat your peas.” said mum.

Daisy looked down at the little green balls that were ganging on her plate. ”I don’t like peas.” said Daisy.
Mum sighed one of her usual sighs “if you eat your peas you can have some pudding,” said mum.

”I don’t like peas.” said Daisy.  If you eat your peas you can have some pudding and you can stay up for an extra half hour”

”I don’t like peas,” said Daisy.

“If you eat your peas you can have some pudding, stay up for an extra half hour and you can skip your bath."

”I don’t like peas.” said Daisy.
“If you eat your peas you can have ten puddings, stay up reallylate. You don’t have to wash for two whole months and I will buy you a newbike.
“If you eat your peas you can have forty eight puddings. Stay up pastmidnight. You never have to wash again. I’ll buy you two new bikes and a babyelephant.
“If you eat your peas you can have a hundred puddings. You can goto bed when you want. Wash when you want. Do what you want when you want. I’ll buy you ten new bikes, two pet elephants, three zebras, a penguin and achocolate factory.
“If you eat your peas I will buy you a supermarket stapped full of puddings. You never have to go to bed again or school again. You never have to wash or brush your hair or clean your shoes or tidyyour bedroom. I’ll buy you a bike shop, a zoo, ten chocolate factories. I'll take you to super land for a week and you can have your very own space rocket with double-rechro laser blamers"
“If you eat your peas I will buy you every supermarket, sweetshop, toy shop and bike shop in the world. Seventeen swimming pools .You’llnever have to go to bed again or go to school or wash or brush your hair orclean your shoes or clean your teeth or clean your hamster out or tidy your bedroom. I’ll buy you Africa, and ninety two chocolate factories.We’ll move to super land . You can have all the space rockets if you want . I’llbuy you the earth, the moon the stars the sun and… and… and … and a new floppy pencil case.”
“you really want to me eat my peas, don’t you?” Said Daisy
“Yes.” Said mom.
“I will eat my peas if you eat you Brussels”
Mom looked down on her plate and her bottom lip began to wobble.
“But I do not like broccolis” said mother.
“Exactly” said Daisy:” You don’t like broccolis. I don’t like peas.”
“But we both like pudding.”

分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 转播转播 分享分享1 分享淘帖
2#
发表于 2012-4-19 20:58:32 | 只看该作者
呵呵,这故事我曾经背过,还挺适合我的。
3#
发表于 2012-4-26 18:43:19 | 只看该作者
Do not forget your body language and  facial expressions.Right?haha?Who am I ?
4#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-4-26 22:37:12 | 只看该作者
janeapple 发表于 2012-4-26 18:43
Do not forget your body language and  facial expressions.Right?haha?Who am I ?

I know who you are. You are the Top Teacher!
5#
发表于 2012-6-6 12:12:43 | 只看该作者
顶上去!顶上去!
6#
发表于 2013-5-30 12:00:07 | 只看该作者

Oakley Sunglasses Hut Advancing the women with you

Each year in May, tens concerning thousands regarding investors gather upon Nebraska at the Berkshire Hathaway AGM for additional details on hear pearls of wisdom back and forth from its chairman and CEO, Warren Buffett. When going to be the Oracle relating to Omaha speaks,it is certainly plausible listen. So for those times when tongues were wagging everywhere in the boardrooms going to be the part of the world a lot more than.
Buffett urges several exclusively powerful and vocal working lady to explore take a look at social intercourse diversity through going to be the lens regarding their personalised self-interest . He understands going to be the business case and then for greater participation of women: perhaps others will meet.
Increasingly,going to be the business case and then for a lot more all women all over the senior roles is the fact since they will be recognised. Companies can improve the overall productivity and shareholder value based on tapping into the entire talent pool table n't limiting themselves to learn more about 50 consistent with dime having to do with the population. Businesses do very well leaving an all in one workforce that mirrors going to be the make-up about their customers. Organisations benefit from going to be the broader perspectives and lateral thinking a multi function unique workforce can make it And diversity improves performance at any and all extent,both to and from boardroom down.
Australia at the present time has going to be the Male Champions to do with Change,a multi functional group of people relating to CEOs these as Alan Joyce, Ian Narev and David Thodey,which of you continue using their influence to understand more about and can include going to be the importance relating to boosting lots of women a password representation in leadership. Most leading companies offer flexible have the desired effect parental leave, mentoring and accelerated development as well as talented many women.Australia lags behind comparable countries
But leaps and bounds is that often having said that glacial. Unconscious bias abounds and incriminating evidence regarding Australia your password strength in the context of performance everywhere in the diversity is this undeniable. According to educate yourself regarding the 2012 Australian Census of Women throughout the Leadership,we have going to be the lowest percentage concerning female executives compared allowing an individual countries so that you have similar governance structures. Just 12 ASX500 companies have female CEOs and two-thirds have don't you think lots of women executives. The national top dog having to do with going to be the Australian Human Resources Institute, Peter Wilson, describes Australia as part of the world a password worst practice amongst high Oakley Sunglasses Hut tech mature and and countries .
My 30 many years everywhere over the business have taught my hand that an all Ray Ban Clubmaster in one completely different lot of people produces much better decisions, broader perspectives,significantly more quality ideas and a lot fewer group-think. This applies to understand more about diversity having to do with great outdoors,style training and life experience not do nothing more than sexual acts But going to be the vital is the fact that balance: too several different a lot of women often do nothing more than as bad as too a number of working lady I recently participated on the an Australian Institute to do with Company Directors program all of these included a multi functional four-day board simulation. In a multi functional twist, eight of the nine directors about the legally to have company board I chaired were a lot of women Unquestionably,going to be the people behaved differently than about whether or not the proportions were reversed. On reflection, this undoubtedly high-performing board is that the have been for instance much better about whether or not the making love balance had been more evenly distributed.
So what can companies have to worry about Four too much information online are needed: targets,a facet makes and models sponsorship and leadership.
Quotas are unfashionable but take heart they work Australia lags behind European countries these as France, Austria and Belgium,where quotas as well as for minimum numbers regarding female directors have been the next few years.
Opponents it is really quotas lead to educate yourself regarding token appointments. When I was younger, I too feared tokenism,but have is available for more information on the verify that if you don't have targets Australia not only can they continue to learn more about fall behind. Quotas need to panic about mean leaders need to have the desired effect an all in one bit harder to go out and buy talented female candidates. The in line with the news may be the they need to exist. And on such basis as net more women companies can create a reason allowing women to learn more about reach their chock - full potential. The single people inspiring thing enchanting young a lot of women will be the Cheap Oakley Sunglasses to educate yourself regarding see successful the ladies on the senior roles. And all women sponsoring others to explore reach during a period different with different organizations has a extra - large impact.Achieving diversity all it takes is leadership
Nevertheless,a resource box your passwords diversity that demands more concerning leaders than homogeneity. There are different account patterns and communication styles,significantly more a problematic social dynamics, and much more challenging having to do with accepted wisdom. I now and again wonder if all of our lack relating to leaps and bounds throughout the to achieve significantly more a lot of women to explore senior roles is because quite a multi functional failure about leadership. However, I am heartened by the increase on the inspired corporate leaders slightly like Mike Smith, CEO about ANZ,which of you a few years ago called all around the businesses to learn more about take communicate with action for additional details on ensure that a lot more a lot of women succeed and advance on the all of our workplaces a resource box actually makes in line with the business sense
If leaders continue for more information about advance going to be the business case and for Red Sole Shoes greater diversity all over the senior ranks,a number of us might do nothing more than get there. In Buffett your password possible vocal tone We ve seen what can be the case accomplished when a number of us carry on using 50 consistent with nickel having to do with our human capacity; about whether or not your family visualise what 100 in line with nickel can have to worry about,your Oakley family lmost all sign up for free my hand as an uncontrollable optimist. READ ALSO:
Anne Ward ?mod=viewthread&tid=627846&pid=690559&page=1&extra=page=1#pid690559 chairs going to be the boards having to do with Qantas Superannuation, Colonial First State Investments and Zoos Victoria. The opinions expressed are her unique.
7#
发表于 2013-6-1 23:10:01 | 只看该作者
不错哦!!!

兰博瓷业   shop64377488.taobao.com/
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|典范英语|Oxford在线词典|在线查词典|每日签到|浙北英语网 ( 蜀ICP备10032068号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 13:44 , Processed in 0.090646 second(s), 28 queries .