浙北英语网

找回密码
 立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

湖州日报:3名学子入围“希望之星”只有狂人才干的事情!带字幕美国之音慢速英语VOA Special English学英语视频近1000个,自诩为国内最全!适合增加词汇和锻炼听力!点击查看...
查看: 1060|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Lesson 20 Mirror Island 4a 典范英语

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2012-5-19 18:42:15 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 英语天才 于 2012-6-9 14:22 编辑

Chip was in his bedroom. He was busy drawing. "Chip," called Biff. "Wilf and Wilma are here." Chip went down stairs. Chip showed them his drawing. He had made a pattern. "What is it?" asked Wilf. "It looks like a word," said Wilma. "Come up to my room," said Chip. "Then I can show you." They went up to Chip's room. Chip put a mirror on the paper. The pattern said "Chip" in mirror writing. Biff wanted to do some mirror writing but Chip had run out of paper. Biff went to her room to get some paper. The magic key was glowing. It was time for an adventure. "Come here everybody!" she called. The magic took them to an island. "We have been here before," said Wilma. "We met some prirates," said Wilf. Wilma saw some footprints in the sand. "There must me someone on the island," she said. "Oh help!" said Wilf. "There he is." "He looks fierce," said Biff. "Run for it!" The children began to run.  "Stop!" called the man. "Come back!" and he began to cry. "Why are you crying?" asked Wilma. "Do I frighten you?" asked the man. "Yes," said Biff. "You look so frierce. You have such long hair." "I don't look that bad, do I?" Chip gave him the mirror. The man looked in it. "Oh no!" streamed the man. "I look terrible! No wonder you were frightened." He began to cry agan. "My name is Captain Crow," he said. "I've been alone for ten months and six days. My crew took the ship." "Why did they do that?" asked Wilf. "We couldn't find the the treasure," said Captia Crow. "They said I was uesless." Captian Crow had a treasure map. The children looked at it. "It looks odd," said Captian Crow. "I couldn't understand it." "Look at these funny words," said Biff. "What do they mean?" "I think I understand it," said Chip. "It's in mirror writing." Chip put the mirror on the map. Captian Crow could read the writhing. "It says, Here lies the treasure," he said. He began to run. "Where are you going?" asked Biff. "To get my spade," said Captian Crow. "Come on," said Wilma. "It looks as if we have some digging to do." Captian Crow looked at the map. "This is the place to dig," he said. He dug and dug. Soon he had dug a deep hole. At last the spade hit a wooden box. "It's a big chest," said Captian Crow. "Thanks to you and your mirror. I've found the treasure." Captian Crow opened the chest. Everyone gasped. It was full of gold and silver. "Hooray!" shouted Captian Crow. "I'm rich!" Wilma saw a ship. It was sailing past the island. "Help!" shouted Captian Crow. "I'm over here. Come and rescue me!" "It can't see you," said Wilma. Wilf had an idea. "Use the mirror!" he cried. "Flash it at the ship!" The ship flashed back at Captian Crow. "Now I could leave the island!" he yelled. "Help me hide the treasure. I will come back for it one day." The magic key began to glow. "It's time for us to go," said Biff. "You can keep the mirror," said Chip. "To have a shave and a haircut!"
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 转播转播 分享分享1 分享淘帖
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|典范英语|Oxford在线词典|在线查词典|每日签到|浙北英语网 ( 蜀ICP备10032068号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 03:45 , Processed in 0.062826 second(s), 27 queries .