浙北英语网

找回密码
 立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

湖州日报:3名学子入围“希望之星”只有狂人才干的事情!带字幕美国之音慢速英语VOA Special English学英语视频近1000个,自诩为国内最全!适合增加词汇和锻炼听力!点击查看...
查看: 874|回复: 1

Lesson 5 Ship in Trouble 4b 典范英语

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-9-9 14:23:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 英语天才 于 2012-10-3 14:19 编辑

Wilma's mum took the children to an adventure playground. It was a new playground and it looked exciting. They all wanted to go on the zip wire. Chip went first. It was hard to get on it, so Wilma's mum helped him. The zip wire went fast. "Yee ha! This is scary," called Chip. "I love it." Wilma was next, but she felt scared. Then the wind blew and it began to rain. "It's too windy and it's raining," said Wilma. "I can't go." "It's a bad storm," said Mum. "Let's go home. We can come back another day." So they all ran back to the car. Wilf and Wilma went back to Biff and Chip's house. They went to Biff's room to play. "I hope we go back to the adventure playground," said Wilf. "I want to go on the zip wire." Then the magic key began to glow. The magic took the children back in time. It took them to a cliff near the sea. A bad storm was blowing. Suddenly, there was a bang. A bright light lit up the sky. Then a girl ran down the path. Behind her was a man on crutches. "Will you help us?" asked the girl. "The storm had blown the ship on to the rocks. The light in the sky was a call for help." "We can't help," said Wilma. "You need to call the lifeboat." "We can't," said the girl. "The lifeboat has gone to help another ship." "My name is Jane," said the girl. "I'm Jane's father," said the man. "I should be out with the lifeboat but I've hurt my back." "The ship is stuck on the rocks," said Jane. "People are in danger. If you help us, we can rescue them." They ran to the lifeboat station. Jane loaded things on to a donkey. She gave the children long poles to carry. They went back along the path. The waves were crashing over the ships. "This is a bad storm," said Wilf. Jane told the children to lash two poles together. "We must make sure they don't fall over," she said. Jane's father had a special cannon. He shot a line out over the water. The line flew through the air and landed on the ship. Jane tied a rope to the line. The people on the ship pulled it across. Then they tide the rope to the ship. Jane's father put a pulley on the rope. The pulley had a ring tied to it.  "I get it," said Wilf. "The people sit in that funny-looking ring." "Now we pull them in," said Jane. "And I thought the zip wire was scary," said Wilma. It was hard pulling the people across on the pulley. The rope dipped in the middle and it swung in the wind. The last to come was the captain. "I've lost my ship but you've saved our lives," he said. "Thank you." Jane looked at the children. "Thank you for helping us," she said. Then the key began to glow. "I'm glad I wasn't on that ship," said Wilma. "The zip wire at the playground won't seem scary now." "Not even in a storm?" asked Wilf.
 楼主| 发表于 2012-10-3 14:04:03 | 显示全部楼层
不错,又占了一个沙发!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|典范英语|Oxford在线词典|在线查词典|每日签到|浙北英语网 ( 蜀ICP备10032068号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 02:32 , Processed in 0.062690 second(s), 34 queries .